Enjoy the events upstairs instead of standing in line!
We’ll have special hours for the 4/20 “holiday.” See us on Saturday, April 20, starting at 10:30 am. We’ll stay open until 7 pm!
Since we expect a busy day, we will not be able to process new applications, renewal paperwork, or access your loyalty points for you. Plan to use Metro, carpool, or park on the street.
The meeting space above the dispensary will be open with events and refreshments:
- 10:30am-11:30am: Painting with Savanna! Takoma Wellness Center's own art instructor will help you start your day with creative expressions! We have the supplies, just bring your creativity.
- 11:30am-12: 30 pm: Well-Being: Cultivating Happiness, Love & Wisdom with Dr. Stefanie Bloom. Simple steps to use exercise, sleep, nutrition, learning, play, and social interactions to foster brain health and access joy to counterbalance the brain’s negativity bias and build your resilient coping skills!
- 12:30pm-3:30pm: Acupuncture with Pekoe Acupuncture & Wellness Center. Nicole Mires will demonstrate acupuncture treatments, focusing on relieving stress, PTSD, and addiction. If you just want to try acupuncture out, pull up a chair!
- 3:30pm-5pm: Cannabis and the Spirit with Tuere Cheka. Renowned spiritual reader, astrologer, and practitioner of the healing arts, Tuere Cheka, will walk through processes of entering into the intuitive receptive zone using cannabis. He’ll also offer a couple of free mini-astrology readings to volunteers.
- 5-7pm: Acoustic Music by Neal Ohri. Talented artist and performer, Neal Ohri, will close out the day with an acoustic music performance, and be on hand to talk about how cannabis influences his work.
You can enjoy these events without losing your place in line. Takoma Wellness Center staff will ensure you are called into the dispensary as space becomes available.
HOW TO MAKE TOPICALS By Steve Cannabis-infused lotions, salves, oils, sprays, and other topical methods of relief work by binding...
Micro-dosing is taking small amounts of cannabis to obtain the benefits of THC while avoiding the intoxicating effects that can...
I have been performing and writing stand-up comedy for over six years, including in all the major comedy venues in...
Best Dispensary in Town I just got my card renewed for Takoma Wellness center so it’s long overdue I review this place. When I first started coming here the scene in DC was tricky because there were 3 dispensaries, 3 growers and not enough of anything. Seriously, you’d make the drive to any of the 3 dispensaries to find out...
My Story I transferred to Takoma Wellness Center 7+ months ago and couldn’t be happier with my experience. Their extensive selection of medicine, reasonable prices and personalized expertise are unparalleled and make them the best dispensary in DC. The caring and knowledgeable staff at Takoma Wellness have helped me handpick specific strains of flower and concentrate that alleviate my chronic...
Takoma Wellness Center understands that not everyone has the dexterity needed for rolling marijuana cigarettes (pre-rolls, joints); our patients might not be able to roll themselves due their medical or physical conditions or just might prefer not to. Read More.